Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

Watch Dogs

Keen as for this! Been looking forward to it.

Also, torrent turns your PC in a Bitcoin mining machine

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/05/watch-dogs-torrent-turns-your-computer-into-a-bitcoin-mining-machine/

And Ubisoft worked with Kaspersky Labs to make sure the hacking was authentic (apart from time)

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/23/watch-dogs-hacking-kaspersky/

$64 at Big W for PS4/Xbox one.

Official companion app for android devices - https://play.google.....watchdogs.ctos

Has anyone been able to log into this? I know uPlay has been a bit crippled lately, just trying to see if I'm the only one :)

One of my mates at work has been using the app the last few days with no issues.

This game is so bland.

not even as deep or as funny or little detail-ish as GTA though.

its GTA if GTA was crap.

• Upvote 1

dont even get started on the graphics...

The graphics are pretty inconsistent. Some objects look great then others have some really bland textures.

ip3O1cg2eZgeC.jpg

14306285351_978454e666_o.jpg

14306285421_14b8fc643f_o.jpg

Watch Dogs has stormed to the top of the UK all-format charts and earned itself the biggest launch week of any new IP in the UK ever, beating previous record holder LA Noire's haul by more than double.

The open-world hackathon is Ubisoft's biggest ever game launch in the UK. Watch Dogs beat the publisher's previous peak for launch week sales - set in 2012 by Assassin's Creed 3 - by more than 17 per cent.

Overall, Watch Dogs is the 17th biggest game launch in the UK of all time. Only games from four established franchises - GTA, FIFA, Call of Duty and Battlefield - have ever sold more.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-02-watch-dogs-is-the-biggest-new-ip-launch-in-the-uk-ever?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

The graphics are pretty inconsistent. Some objects look great then others have some really bland textures.

hopefully if it's only textures, they can patch it to fix it.

I haven't played the last few rockstar open world games, but I found texture inconsistencies among many of their earlier stuff (everything before GTAIV) I guess it's a side affect of a long project with large worlds.

Ignoring the graphics and fairly average PC port, I'm having trouble staying interested in the game. A little bit into Act 2, and the story just isnt particularly interesting to me. The overall gameplay is pretty good, but when compared to something like GTA V it falls a bit short, especially when it comes to driving. The hacking is fun, but at the same time its just press x to hack, theres really no more complexity to it than that.

I don't know, I think its a game that was never going to live up to the hype that was built around it (much like Titanfall. imo), but they really haven't helped things by dumbing the game down from its initial E3 presentations.

Omg the driving is so garbage in this game.

Worth a play though. Certainly a bit of fun

Just got this the other day. It's a little strange... I can definitely see the GTA cross Assassin's Creed side of things. The graphics aren't really bothering me a whole lot, except for Eyefinity not working properly (had to disable it or it's unplayable). I'm struggling to remember everything controls wise, but the biggest annoyance for me is the CtOS scans... WTF is going on with that? Yellow circles that just randomly appear on the map and if you're in them for too long, you go from dodging a 3 car police chase to THE WHOLE WORLD'S POLICE FORCE AND HELICOPTERS! Dafuq? And what's the go with getting away from Police? I've had chases where I'm in (what appears to be) a pretty fast car, cutting and weaving through traffic, not hitting anything, always at full throttle, touch the brake for a right angle corner BANG nailed by 3 cop cars travelling at 500km/hr!

I thinkt he CtOS scans are what ruin it for me though. Really, all Police would have to do is turn those on while the pursuit is in progress and then they could throw cop cars at you forever and you'd never be able to escape.

you cant outrun the cops because if you could the whole 'hack' mechanic is pointless. you have to use the gimmicky X/Square button quicktime event to switch traffic lights/road blocks on.

this is the problem with games built around a gimmick. it needs to be organic. for example, its cool as shit that you can hack traffic lights to aide in a getaway. its NOT cool as shit doing it 30 times in a gaming session because its the ONLY way to evade the cops.

on top of that, theres no benefit to 'stealth' play in this game. you'd think with the hacking side you could totally ghost any scenario just with your hacking prowess, but you cant; every single encounter i have had is always 'do this task' and then you go the hacker route and it ends in "escape/kill em all". there is no benefit to being sneaky at all, and thats what makes it shit. you may as well go in guns blazing, get all the bad guys out of the way (all the while dealing with the shitty gun handling and terrible health system/AI) and then do what you gotta do later.

Like most ubisoft titles its probably going to get better with the second and third release, but there isnt enough unique stuff in this game that isnt a gimmicky thing that looks good in an E3 trailer to stand it against games like GTA.