Sign in to follow this  
Slidin.....S15

The iPhone Thread

News.com Article

What do you guys think? Anyone excited about the new iPhone coming out?

Discuss/

Cool... But I hate it how Apple claim to release things on their products which are totally new, but infact they are already out there... I'm talking about the 'find my phone' feature. Quite a few phones have apps written for them already which allows you to do that using the GPS and google maps.

hmm fair call Dan.

I didn't know other phones had that, I thought it was pretty cool about that.

Anyone know if the new iPhone has bluetooth capabilites? i.e. sending pictures, music from say a nokia > iPhone

yea i love that they have all these 'new' features which most phones can do already... i really hate the fact that you have to get extra apps for stuff that every other phone can do straight out of the box! (mms for example)

also, they will never allow you to send music, apple are really big on DRM and not sharing ;) pictures, maybe...

i think the biggest peev for me is that the old iphones are missing out on video recording with the new software update.

The 16-gigabyte iPhone 3GS will cost $US199 ($248), and the 32-gigabyte model $US299 ($372), at launch in America. Australian pricing is yet to be released.

Now if only our pricing was close to that I would definitely switch to an Iphone but $800 for an 8gb is just ridiculous especially for something I am going to damage/lose in under a year.

been waiting for the new iphone to come out. so when is it being released in australia?

also, they will never allow you to send music, apple are really big on DRM and not sharing ;) pictures, maybe...

Yeah true that, I guess with the iPhone (drawcard) is their internet and acess to the itunes store lets you get this sort of stuff. only things i bluetooth is new songs/ringtones from friends etc

been waiting for the new iphone to come out. so when is it being released in australia?

June 26

just did a search have look at the the new iphone.

if you can be bothered listening to this nerd go ahead talks about all new features.

edit: i don't know how to upload youtube videos lol here is the link

and another one

just did a search have look at the the new iphone.

if you can be bothered listening to this nerd go ahead talks about all new features.

edit: i don't know how to upload youtube videos lol here is the link

and another one

curm i am so gonna upgrade .. video will b awesum and it is fasttttt

haaa told you to wait... but i still reckon the new one will stuff up/freeze and playup

^^thats a good one..

wonder what plans they will start off at hope $70 plan $0 upfront and 1gb download, if so iam getting one as soon as they come out

cool

might get it once my current iphone contract ends

4 times quicker only means one thing to me.... 4 times better games

I must be the only one who thinks what Apple tried to do with MMS was good. Seriously Why would you send a 5kb picture when you can email it in full resolution?

No chance the new one will stuff up or play up!!

^thats true lol never though of that by email... but its not the same sending a picture phone to phone rather then iphone to email. not everyone has iphones.

^thats true lol never though of that by email... but its not the same sending a picture phone to phone rather then iphone to email. not everyone has iphones.

you will be able to send mms to any phones and video to anyphones or even links from anywhere to any1 .. its unbelievable ..

cool

might get it once my current iphone contract ends

4 times quicker only means one thing to me.... 4 times better games

im with virgin with the iphone ... im thinking of doing an upgrade when it comes out, as ive been on the plan for more than 6 months its not that expensive to upgrade and keep the existing plan that im on ..

games are crazy on 3gs, soon they will be psp quality if not better

I can't stand the size of the iPhone.

I thought we moved on from lugging around a brick for a phone once everyone got rid of their Nokia 5110.

Get a business card, then imagine its 11mm thick. That is the size of my touchscreen phone.

Once they make a mini iPhone I'll buy it.

Sure, the iPhone functions are cool, but come on. Come oooon.

yea that was the main decider for me when it came to the choice between the iphone and my diamond. well that and the data plan needed for iphone

are the prices on that article right? $123 for an ipod 3g?

thats in America or wherever not in australia.

with the price of the $au as compared to the $us atm, i would think it's too much different... now would be a good time to buy shit from the states

with the price of the $au as compared to the $us atm, i would think it's too much different... now would be a good time to buy shit from the states

I would have thought that it would need to be an Australian version to work, though?

I would have thought that it would need to be an Australian version to work, though?

beats me, i just know american shit is cheap atm..

The prices they list $123 etc are prices for the phone on a plan. They are not that cheap LOL. Look on US EBAY they are still up to $1000 outright.

no they do work over here. there is one thing that has to be done for the american phone to work in aus..look in the stuff for sale someone was selling old iphone from america.

beats me, i just know american shit is cheap atm..

Touche :lol:

if the price is even as low as it is in america i would buy one....y dont fkn 3mobile get them (unless they do).