Sign in to follow this  
buoy

3HR - Social Networking app UPDATE: It's just launched on MyPhone 1-Dec-2012!

Link to the review

LOL, interesting review. Tried to decypher it and now I have a headache. But still, very positive response considering it's just released. I reckon you're onto something pretty big here, so congrats!

I'm trying to work out how you lost a point in Pricing when it's free... :huh:

Link to the review

LOL, interesting review. Tried to decypher it and now I have a headache. But still, very positive response considering it's just released. I reckon you're onto something pretty big here, so congrats!

I'm trying to work out how you lost a point in Pricing when it's free... :huh:

It is an interesting review, but it looks promising!

good luck with the investors, and i'm just chuffed i could help out. The UNI direction is the right market i think, very clever!

UPDATE FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE THREAD

===============================================

Hi all casual interested tech people (and ex-beta testers! :P ).

In the last few months a lot has happened in the mobile social networking space. Google+ has launched and, you may or may not recall it having the rudiments of a social networking mobile aggregator on the home page (not yet homoligated with + as it's in beta i presume).

Google-mobile-movementIMG_0888.png

And the megalith megalomanic overlord of overlords from the Microsoft Bing team have released Were In... which bears a closer resemblance to ThreeHR but in a Windows 7 Series skin and with the stylised look and feel.

Bing-Mobile-Team-Releases-Were-In-App-On-WP7.jpg

Now here's the conundrum. Google and Microsoft aren't exactly the kinds of people a small startup such as ThreeHR could ever possibly face-off against... but the sword is somehow double-edged. Thanks to these large company "sneek peeks" it's validated this sort of application as not only entirely legitimate but that it could be a very pervasive application type in the not-too-distant-mobile-future. The companies we've approached over the past few months who initially laughed and scoffed at the entire concept and dismissed it as wierd and wonderful are doing complete about-faces. We are getting messages, emails etc showing renewed interest.

One such company is a KIRF manufacturer which manufacturs a certain type of mobile phone clone for the south-east asian market. I'm flying out this saturday to meet with them and to get ThreeHR going as a part of their product deployment offering............ how much of this is due to companies like el Goog and Microsoft suddenly releasing competing products is unknown to me. But alas, this is the direction it's heading. ThreeHR will come pre-installed on mobile handsets all over, erm... china and stuff. Wonderful I guess........ :lol:

Some of the latest screenshots of the ThreeHR application:

3hr-ss1-aug2011.png3hr-ss2-aug2011.png3hr-ss3-aug2011.png

What happens now? Will it fade into obscurity? Will a zillion other apps pop up to flood the market? Will hp swoop in and buy it out? (lol @ hp)................... who knows. All I know is, I have an international flight to catch in 72hrs - me along with the other 2 business partners - and I need to find a business suit that fits me. HUZZAH!

:thumbsup: wish me luck. australian innovation representin - mad rep-rep-reps-yo.

Man.. Here's my wishes of good luck and hoping of ThreeHR taking off!

Have you made any changes since we were last testing?

Thanks Dan :) we'll see how far the pony goes on this one...

Theres a few notable changes. You can chat / comment after you've made an event and the entire conversation carries over to the Do it! section. the rest is largely just visual tidying up.

Woah, congratulations! I saw the big boys were starting to bring out similar services and was only wondering how things were going with ThreeHR last week. Good to see you're still going strong!

The devs at work have started creating an HTML5 mobile app using the Sencha framework. Basically, it's a mobile site that completely mimics a native app. It's free to use and pretty easy. All the code is hosted on your server, and it's one set of code for iPhone and Android.

Since you're taking your app in that direction, it might be worth looking into. It works quite well!

Back from the launch... soo tiring!

here are some initial pics from my flip mino (pocket vid recorder) ... the main video and pro photos are still being processed... for the commercial and video and stuff and promo shots.

I can say I had the exhausting task of picking our 12 models personally from 3 separate casting calls totalling almost 40 models to sift through. it was definitely tiring and a tough gig.... but somehow we got through it.

here's some vids of the filming etc. and part of the launch. i coudln't take too many pics cos i was at the booth in front of resort world.

we also met with a few magazines and some bloggers. all up it was a pretty good first step. still have a long way to go but the ball has definitely started rolling.

must have been hard work sorting through the models...

did you get them to drop the pants to ensure no ladyboys got in? :P

Wow..A launch party and everything!! Congratulations!!!!!

Can I feel special that I was part of the beta testing team? :wub:

None were ladyboys, however one ladyboy was spotted at Republiq afterwards... that was crazy :o

Yeah if it takes off the beta team will be given some free beers :beer:

Wow.. Google really aint wasting anytime.

Google have just bought Zagat, This is definetly big news in Google's fight to really have control over all aspects.. If there Location based features really do take off they would have a big chunk of the market to implement all there features into.

http://www.zagat.com/

A point-based restaurant rating guide, compiled from the best (or worst, depending) crowdsourced reviews. Today, Google has acquired the brand and plans to integrate Zagat's now expanded shopping, eating, drinking and hotel tips into both search and maps. For gastronomes, travelers and locals, that means crowdsourced tips for superb noms and activity recommendations from around the world.

Hello all - sorry to drag out a very old thread but I didn't want to start up a new one...

If you remember this was an app I developed last year and in the past year there have been a lot of hurdles by the other guys to get the paperwork sorted but... confirmed by my business partner in Manila, the first MyPhones (Android 4.0.4 1Ghz phone devices) have ThreeHR as an embedded app.

The MyPhone throughput is around 200,000 phones per month and ThreeHR is on there along with Facebook and Twitter so this was an absolute monumental achievement already. So in a few months we'd have potentially half a million phones out there with the app and hopefully tens of thousands of users (fingers X'd!). But having lots of users isn't the goal. Now however the real battle begins... I'm seeing a lot of user account activations on the app but I really want people to actually start using it to meet up :S which is the whole point.

I'm not sure how far this ship will sail but it's been a tough journey so far and hopefully we can make something good out of it. We're working on some sort of marketing campaign to take advantage of this massive opportunity -- but I am weary that it's all up to us to make it happen. I don't want it to be just one of those apps that's bundled with your phone that nobody uses (which is far too often the case... and the battle is definitely uphill!).

Anyway if you want to check it out you can see the new MyPhone here: http://www.myphone.c...whats-new/c1otb

myphone-3hr.JPG

That is awesome news!

Hmm.... advertising.... I think the biggest key is to show how people use the app in a social setting. Understanding how to use the app is key to having people use it correctly.

Research how other applications are being used to achieve the same result and point out not only your differences, but how yours is superior to that (ie, easier to use, fun to use, beneficial to use)

Has the app changed much from the initial beta testing we did?

Well done mate! That's a pretty decent score :D

Good work buoy good to see all that beta testing has resulted in a final release making its way to a series of handsets.

The website is looking amazing, i really should get the latest app from the market :D

Thanks guys. I haven't had much to do with the android app development. I'm still waiting for a MyPhone so I can see what they have done. It still uses the website/web app and grabs pages off of it and that hasn't changed much.

The other issue is that it's done on ASP/IIS which is an old sinking platform. In fact I started migrating my other stuff over to PHP/Apache shortly after starting the project --- and in fact the 3hr project did start off in php but I moved it to ASP because the other developer that was supposed to write certain things moved to melbourne at the last minute and I had to make a decision to either write a whole heap of libraries in php or use the existing stuff I developed years ago in ASP. I chose the latter and now I guess I'm paying the price for it as ASP is far less flexible and PHP is just all round easier to work with, setup, even the server platform is much better. But anyway I can think about rewriting later on down the track. The ASP install is at least good enough for the moment and if the app isn't going to take off after this there's no point rewriting it. :D

I sound so confident don't I :lol: (not)!.