Sign in to follow this  
spankyKong

BMW E30 Coupe - SR20DET Conversion - Germany + Japan = AWESOMENESS

Looks great! I think i will be the first to say, judging by the pics, that the taillights arent my liking. To me, they cheapen it over the stock setup. Just my opinion anyways.

Otherwise, everything else is spot on, especially the workmanship! Good job!

CRAIGOS!!!!!!!!

Cheers guys,

Yeah the Lenso BSX are identical to the BBS wheels (except for price). The best tail lights for E30's are the all-red ones - made in Germany and not cheap:

IMG_0302a.jpg

For E30 pursits or people who like to keep older cars looking old, they won't like this car.

I've got some mates into BMW's and they gasped when I said Nissan motor.

I said BBS copy wheels they smiled, I said stretched tires, they frowned hahaha

end of the day I'm building it for me. It's the bastard child of Nismo and the Bavarian Motor Works :P

cheers man, already got a set sitting at home, same wheels but wider at the rear.

Got my suspension in, looking much nicer now, handles better too. less bodyroll.

getting there slowly...

photo.JPG

So took the car for a ride up gorge rd, nothing crazy still getting a feel for it with new motor and suspension. It was wet as well so just took it easy.

Gotta say though it put a massive smile on my face!

Have just ordered a big brake kit (a bit on the budget side but track proven kit) - VW Corrado Rotors and Mazda RX7 calipers.

Delivery in 2-4 weeks. Looks like this:

IMAG0032.jpg

Edited by spankyKong

Where from mate? Would be keen on a brake upgrade for my e30 rb25... Was looking into massive brakes in the UK. But bit pricey. Or did you just buy the rotors and calipers?

Hey mate,

Check this out: https://sites.google...brakesolutions/

Dude's name is Cameron, he is a machinist, he makes the adaptors and sells individual items or the whole package. I bough the whole package, rotors, rebuilt rx7 calipers, adaptos, bla bl abla

Now I highly recommend you change your brake master cylinder to an E32 (750i) one instead, much firmer pedal feel. Everyone swears by it. You can get them online at Pelican Parts.

I am going for this combination myself which several people have used for all out track cars and it works very well according to them.

My Boss kit came in this morning so meet my friend Momo. He's Italian.

40 steering wheel.JPG

Brakes have ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I still need is a brake master cylinder from a BMW 750i, and some braided lines.

I don't know if it's possible but I'm going to investiage putting the standard front brakes on the rear of the car.

50 - big brake kit.JPG

Also got the strut brace from Germany - you can see the plastic engine cover I have attacked to the top of my SR. Evetually I want to get the SR cover powder coated and the "Nissan" removed but for now the plastic cover keeps the dragon hidden.

51 strut brace.JPG

Both brake calipers and strut brace will probably be powder coated before long.

Keep the BMW engine cover, much more stealth. If you paint your cold side piping and use black silicone and the police will have no clue whats going on.

I reckon you passed me on chief street around 5pmish today was trying to work out if it was this rig

I was in that blue low mk3 golf

Hey mate who did you get those wheels though, ive been trouble finding a place to get half decent replicas though as my e30 is in need of some new shoes.

Been a while...

Not much progress, 2nd gear synchro was giving me grief so changed the gearbox over for a low KM unit out of an import. Drives fantastic now, my mechanic also put in some under chassis bracing.

Had some time to get the brakes one step closer.

Soon to get a BMW 750i brake master cylinder and braided lines, should give excellent pedal feel and lots of bite with the big brakes in.

getting there slowly slowly...

52.JPG

53.JPG

53.JPG

54.JPG

Very nice build man! This thing would be an awesome sleeper, no one would suspect anything

cheers man, I love driving it, has given people a bit of a shock when a car this old rushes past and they hear the flutter. Guys in V8's go home dissapointed...

Had some fun with a guy in an R34 the other day too

Good times.

sweet job so far on the build mate im really diggin it cant wait to see it with the wheels fitted

Saw you driving on Brighton Rd, Glenelg on Sunday. Heard it, then saw it.

Sooooo much better in real life

looking great

Hahaha cheers guys :)

Soon to get custom exhaust made up that looks and sounds better, not scraping on everything would be a plus too.

Definitely my favourite car out of all the ones I have had.

Anybody know a good exhaust place that won't rape me on price?

Try AAA exhausts. A few years back now but i had them make me a mandrel 3" mild steel job turbo back for $500. I know the guy who owns that car now and its still going good.

+2 for AAA they did a sports muffler on my brother corolla, Charged $80 and chucked a stainless blast pipe on aswell :lol:

Brake calipers finally home - just need some braided brake lines and the big brake kit can go in

photo.JPG

Gonna take the car off the road for a while and do the motor properly, inside and out.

Made a start on this and dropped it off to Edwardstown Podwer Coating (same guys that did the brakes) - they do great work.

BEFORE:

photo3.JPG

AFTER:

photo2.JPG

Finally got the cover back, came out looking great. The pics dont really show the depth of the colour, it is similar to a cnady red, you can see silver bits beneath the red.

Noice.

Cover 1.JPG

Cover2.JPG

It's off the road at the moment for a quality re-build. Buying up parts here and there.

Can anyone recommend a builder? Milton's is way too expensive and 4's and more and booked solid until the next ice age.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers.

u dont need to build it for 200rwkw just slap in some stage 1 cams and a t28 and ull be close to it, i would buy a blown motor and get that built then sell ur current motor off to recover costs assuming the current one isn blown