Sign in to follow this  
Bennybear

ToughMudder Australia

Www.toughmudder.com.au

20km, 25 military (British SAS) designed obstacles including running through a web of exposed wires that emit electric shocks...!

Close mate has entered the Sydney competition, he is crazy fitness lifestyle guy (Chek, crossfit, mma etc) so will probably kill it.

Anyone in here going?? Looks to be a decent opportunity for the fitness guys to test their ability.

Me and a couple of mates have signed up for September.

Should be a good challenge :)...

Edited by ccn87

i want to do the queensland one next year, lot of training though

Really want to do this but i know i wouldnt even make it half way.

mates finished it. said it was tough. thats about it lol

I did it with 3 mates on Saturday. Was good fun. We were the 3rd wave out and didn't have any issues with line-up at obstacles. Apparently the line ups were really bad later in the day.

Edited by cruizer

^^^

Kinda blows. Sorta defeats the purpose a little doesn't it?

How long did it take you to complete cruiser?

Edited by HumanHefner

^^^

Kinda blows. Sorta defeats the purpose a little doesn't it?

How long did it take you to complete cruiser?

Took us 2 and a half hours.

The line ups completely defeat the purpose in my view but alot of people didn't seem to mind.

had a work coleague who did this in Victoria a couple of weeks ago.. said it was good fun, but there was probably a bit too much running between obstacles. He did it in 2:25.

Im pretty keen to sign up for the Sydney one after missing Urbanathon and the Warrior Dash. Just need to get a few mates together...

Once i work out a way to tear them away from the pub.... smh.

i did the melbourne one and it was great fun.

but heres a tip for everyone. get in the first group or either days. that way you have no other groups in front of you. thats what im doing next time, it was allot of fun but the waiting at times did defeat the purpose

I had 2 clients do it, they did no specific training for it, got through okay, said they enjoyed it

Registering today for the next Melbourne event http://toughmudder.c...lbourne-1-2013/ , apparently its $105 until tonight (then goes up the $115 early bird till the 8th of June), anyone else participating in 2013?

Maybe get a Team NS together? :woot:

Edited by HumanHefner

I'm going, can't wait to test out the course

So who has done it already and has a training plan they used that was good other that the one provided on the TM site?

So who has done it already and has a training plan they used that was good other that the one provided on the TM site?

When putting together a routine it could help to watch some videos on youtube of the race, work out what exercises will help you out the most (eg. chin ups for the Berlin Walls) and focus on those.

I did the last one (Melbourne) and didn't follow a set training routine. I ran atleast 5kms 2-3 times a week and did alot of exercises with kettlebells and a weight vest.

From experience the hardest part is the mental side, its tempting to stop running 15kms in when your muscles are cramping, you've been running for 13kms with rocks in your shoes and weighed down with mud.