Sign in to follow this  
Marko

My euro adventures - Now with pics!

Been planning and saving for this euro trip for over a year and have now been on the road for 1 of 5 months before finding a place in london to live and work for a year. My fiance and I have been writing an online blog to keep people up to date with whats going on.

http://offexploring....arkandliss/blog

Follow us through that website. Theres a few pages listed of our blogs which are arranged from newest to oldest so start back at page 4.

So far we've been to Paris, Switzerland, Italy, Nice, Ibiza and barcelona. If you want to see pics you can add me on facebook.

Mark Cooper,Im eating the tower of Pisa in my profile pic

Edited by Marko

Currently in Madrid and heading to Pamplona for running of the bulls tomorrow. More blogs have been put up as well, check em out

Ran with the bulls a few days ago and stayed in the toro ring for the "amateur bull fight" which basically was heaps of the runners from earlier getting chased around by a revved up young bull. was pretty fun and scary, came close to getting axed a couple times but one guy got a horn in his mouth and had to be taken out by the medics. few others got thrown over 2m into the air when the bull lifted them and a few got kicked over the fence.

the actual proper run with the heard of bulls was really scary as you had 6 bulls chasing from behind and a heap of people that kept falling over in front of you causing pile ups. There was no room to even stop on one side of the street to let the bulls pass because we watched the replay and 1 bull just ran right along the side next to the building and cleaned up everyone.

Best fireworks in europe during the festival aswell. the top fireworks companies from europe come and get to showcase their stuff each night and its by far the best ive seen and really loud. they must pack them with a bit more stuff as it sounds like a war zone when it echoes off the apartment buildings.

Spain is the best place for parties. every city we went to there had awesome street parties and festivals and cops dont give a shit. In san sebastian they had a music festival going on but during the afternoon they had this truck drive around with the back doors open and a dj inside cranking the tunes. people follow it around getting drunk.

Back in Paris for 1 night before flying the ireland and hiring a car for 5 days.

In Belgium at the moment and Tomorrowland was f**king awesome! went yesterday for the first day of the festival and its on another level of size and production efforts. Massive stages, fireworks, dry ice cannons, heaps of awesome dj's. Went to see John Digweed, super 8 / tab, jaytech, above & beyond, dj zany and the pitcher. wish i could've camped there for the 3 days but couldnt get those tickets. check out the trailers on youtube, will blow you away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7CdTAiaLes&feature=plcp

Only bad thing to say about it was the lack of organisation when leaving. there were heaps of ppl needing to get the last train back to brussels but they wouldnt schedule a bus to take us there. only buses were to the massive car parks in the middle of nowhere and then we were told to find our own way to the train even though in the morning they had shuttle buses from the train to the festival. ended up getting a taxi back with a group of people and split the 115 euro fee.

next stop amsterdam for 6 days.

Edited by Marko

So jealous you got to watch zany and the pitcher >

Spent 5 nights in Amsterdam. Pretty cool city but not many sights to see other than red light district (mint chicks) and blazing up. I'm not a pot smoker but my mates and I shared a gram of OG kush which was the strongest stuff u could buy from the coffee shops. Between 4 of us we got a joint each and HOLEY f**k! That shit blew our heads off, we sat at the park for over 4 hours just pissing ourselves watching people.

Now I'm in Berlin and this city has it all. Amazing history but it's still a young city since the wall came down. Big alternative scene wiith lots of energy and things to do. Massive nightclubs that used to be either factories or power stations and lots of young people. East side gallery is a must see if ur into street art.

subscribed to blog, im off to europe soon for three months next week, where you headed next?

Doing latomatina or octoberfest?

Edited by philmak

Following this blog

I miss traveling so much !!

Following this blog

I miss traveling so much !!

Was reading yours last night, with the fun you had its kind of a sellout to stuff around with cars as a money pit again :P

subscribed to blog, im off to europe soon for three months next week, where you headed next?

Doing latomatina or octoberfest?

Got to prague yesterday. very cool city. going to do a few pubcrawls. greedy bar staff are getting annoying, they put on a service fee to pour a beer then hassle you for a f**king tip. a few times they've held back 40koruns for tip which is $2 and when i ask them for all my change they get angry, dog *milkshakes*."service fee not my money, i need tip" i just say get a better job and walk off. Looking forward to going to the shooting range and blasting some ak-47, ar-15 and 357 magnums

After this going to cesky krumlov then snake down through hungary, serbia, croatia, bulgaria, montenego to turkey. that takes about 2 weeks then i have 2 weeks to chill out in turkey before flying to do greek islands and then oktoberfest.

cant get to la tomatina.

http://offexploring....arkandliss/blog

I'll have to start catching up on the blog site. im about 3 cities behind the last entry

Edited by Marko

been in cesky krumlov for a few days just for a bit of downtime. did the rafting pub crawl with a group of 30 ppl, we tied our 4 rafts together to make a super raft and blocked up the river so the locals couldnt pass lol. went for 6 hours stopping at 6 bars along the way. 1 guy jumped in and cut his head open on a rock and another girl flipped out backward when her raft got snagged on a rock. she jumped back in and spewed lol.

just traveled through poland, slovakia and hungary and now spending time in croatia. krakow in poland was awesome and there must be something with the women in that city. 2 guys i was hanging with told me in the morning that 1 of them was hooking up with 2 girls in a club and then they both said they should get a table so sit for a while. they lead him over to a table where 2 guys are sitting and they introduce him to their boyfriends. so he had to awkwardly sit there making small talk before legging it. the other guy had this girl all over him and he invited her back to his hotel room. she replies "no im just going to go back to my boyfriends house" and walks off.

Budapest was on another level. i didnt think it would've been such a big city but it was huge and awesome nightlife. tried to get into a club called romkert on a monday night and waited 45min in the line that never moved. it was an open air club so i could see it was full and pumping but couldnt get in to buy a drink. Hungarian girls are off tap!

just passed through slovakia and got to ride in an old army tank smashing through the forest through rivers and mud pits. was probably the coolest thing ive done. spent 1 night in split, croatia before heading down to dubrovnik and im currently in hvar for 1 more night before going back to split. I dont like the attitude of the ppl who work in the shops, bars and restuarants except dubrovnik. they talk to u like ur stupid and they think they are king shit and leave u at the bar waiting for ages even when theres hardly anyone buying drinks. dubrovnik was nicer but i think that was because its a family and couples city so they're friendlier. the other places its more younger people there to party and the bar staff act like *milkshakes*.

Wow heaps of traveling being done here. My partner and I have just done Egypt and the greece islands (Mykonos and santorini) currently in Athens. Tomorrow heading to Dubai for a week and then Bangkok for 2 weeks. I'm so jealous of all the places you've travelled. Not enough money in my bank account to do so lol.

Happy travelling. Keep it up 👍✈

thanks man. its been really good travelling this long but its a lot of money. no matter what people say europe is still on the expensive side in most places compared to asia. even going through poland and hungary i often compare what im paying for food or accommodation for what i could get in asia.

how was mykonos for the party scene? i couldnt get enough time to fit mykonos in with ios and santorini but from other i spoke to i should be going mykonos instead of ios and then leave the relaxation for santorini.

more blogs have been uploaded for our travels

http://offexploring.com/markandliss/blog

Edited by Marko

Well both islands were great but we didn't go there for the party scene really because the parties don't start till 2am. Well asleep by then. From what I've heard the parties go off no matter what island your on! Mykonos is definenatly worth going to though. And santorini was definenatly the most relaxing.

Just been through sarejevo, belgrade and sofia. really liked sarejevo and sofia but belgrade was not the most welcoming place to be in. A few times we had big serbian guys shouting at us for no reason other than they could hear us speaking english. " f**k you, f**k america, england and west europe. f**k everyone who is not serbia". also other dickheads at some bars we went to told us to f**koff because we werent serbian and made it a pain in the ass to order drinks.

bosnia was a lot friendlier, people who ask where we were from and couldnt get their heads around why we would want to come to bosnia when we lived in australia.

about to head to istanbul and see turkey for 2 weeks. I better get to a shooting range soon or i'll go f**king mad. i had time this morning to go in sofia before we left for plovdiv but the company who owned the range in sofia also had a site in plovdiv so i just slept in and thought i'd do it this arvo. went to the place and they had closed the range and only had a store. so pissed off. bulgaria was the cheapest place to go shooting i'd come across. 50cents per bullet compared to prague that was over 1 euro per bullet

Forgot I had this thread, been so busy lately. After the Balkans I spent 2 weeks in turkey which was epic. Istanbul is f**king huge, so spread out and the people are really genuine and would always give us free food or other items from their stores even if I busted their balls and got things for almost wat a local would pay. 4 days in Istanbul before heading out on a 12 day tour around the country with the owner of a company that top deck outsource to.

Went to Cappadocia and explored underground cities inside caves that had 6 levels below the ground. Went hot air ballooning over the "fairy chimneys" which was incredible at sunrise with another 20 balloons. Stayed in awesome resorts along the coastal towns of Fethiye and kusadasi. Did a boat trip around the coves. The water is so calm and clear.

Spent some time at Gallipoli paying respects but also hearing stories from the Turks side. What was really good to hear is that the Turks and Aussies really liked each other and traded chocolate for tabacco and meat for clear access to drinking water.

Last day back in Istanbul we went a bit nuts at the grand bazaar and bought a 6 piece copper coffee set, clothes, hand painted ceramic bowls and plates and a f**king 5 lamp chandelier thing.

We flew to athens to get to the Greek islands for the end of the season. Ios was really nice and still had a good party vibe even though there weren't many people there as it was September. Day was almost like a ghost town and we could go to the beach and only have 10 to 20 other people there. Night really picked up and the bars had good drink prices so I was always topped up.

Santorini was really chilled, more of a couples place than party. We got 150cc atv which was pretty beastly and drove around seeing the different beaches. Best sunset of my whole trip was here at the town of Oia. We ate at a restaurant on top of the cliff and had the sun right in front of us, photographers heaven.

After that we went to athens for 3 nights which was just to pass the time as its a pretty shit place. Bit bummed we got there the day after the last riots where petrol bombs were used. Would've been cool to watch it from our hostel rooftop.

That's all I can be bothered writing now. Next update will be our time at OKTOBERFEST!

finally getting around to this again. Been living in London for a month now. got a job and an apartment piece of piss.

We rocked up in Munich at 9am and dropped our bags off at the hostel and headed out to the oktoberfest grounds. f**k me this place is huge! the 6 big brewery halls are almost as big at soccer fields filled with tables, 2 kitchens, 2 beer pouring sections and a stage in the middle for the bands to play traditional music.

First day we went to Hacker-Pschorr tent for the afternoon. Beers are expensive (10 euro's per 1L) and we arrived a bit late in the arvo so we had to get a table outside. These wankers dressed up as 'wheres wally' were getting agro so the security (who are anti riot police trained at the concentration camps from WW2) sorted them out and put them into these big dog cages and carried them out.

We went to the actual grounds 3 days and our fourth was at a beer garden in the big city park. The atmosphere at the festival is out of this world. the band plays drinking songs and everyone has to cheers and take a swig. people stand up on their seats and sing, girls everywhere with their tits popping out wearing the traditional clothing and awesome food. Theres also heaps of roller coasters and amusement games aswell. like the royal melbourne show with huge buildings to get pissed. the germans sure can drink, some guys sit there from 10am till 8pm drinking over 6L and they can get up and walk out like its nothing and all the beers are over 5.2%

Wake up, eat, drink from 10am, hangover. we ended up going to hacker-pschorr, augustiner brau, lowenbrau tents and the hoffbrau garden. going to try and go again next year.

DSC08231.JPG

this guy tried walking through the rotating tunnel. smashed his head and was knocked out lol. worst thing to do when your pissed.

DSC08247.JPG

traditional bavarian clothes. lederhosen for men and dirndl for women. great for cleavage.

DSC08253.JPG

DSC08263.JPG

DSC08277.JPG

Augustiner brau hall. Real authentic german tent, there was probably less than 30 tourists that we saw there.

DSC08338.JPG

Lowenbrau hall. They have a mechanical lion at the front that drinks beer and growls while rotating on the roof

DSC08356.JPG

1L stein. Prost!

DSC08379.JPG

DSC08427.JPG

10am on german unity day

DSC08501.JPG

hoffbrau beer garen. Way cheaper to drink and eat here, almost half price and all the beer gardens in the city are open almost every day of the year.

DSC08463.JPG

surfing in the local river!

since i hadnt posted any pics until the other day i thought i'd put a few pics from each place i went to. I'll just start off with a few as i've got probably 1000 pics to look through.

DSC06043.JPG

Delirium cafe in Brussels. Biggest beer menu probably in the world as u can see by the brochure. You can ask for the catalogue of beers which is about 10pages long with font size 10 writing. They keep all bottled beer in the back cold room which has like a filing cabinet system with about 10 of each beer.

DSC06050.JPG

Inside Delirium

DSC06058.JPG

Brussels town square. We were told by some locals whose father worked in government that half of the restaurants and shops were run by russian mob and people have been shot and stabbed over money in public.

DSC06104.JPG

Tomorrowland *I love my mum*ers!

DSC06105.JPG

DSC06110.JPG

DSC06213.JPG

Bits of Prague

DSC06955.JPG

DSC07005.JPG

DSC07012.JPG

DSC07018.JPG

DSC06993.JPG

giant babies climbing the TV tower

DSC07059.JPG

pour your own beers at your table. Electronically meters what you pour and gives you a running bill.

Cesky Krumlov

DSC07039.JPG

DSC07063.JPG

Rafting pub crawl. one of the best things i did during my trip.

Kutna Hora church of bones

DSC07103.JPG

DSC07114.JPG

Auschwitz-Birkenau camp of WW2. Really depressing but informative.

DSC07172.JPG

DSC07134.JPG

DSC07185.JPG

DSC07190.JPG

DSC07143.JPG

Piles of victims shoes. there were also piles of childrens clothing, suitcases and worst of all they cut womens pony tails off and kept them

Beautiful Budapest. I loved this place, definitely going back if i have spare cash.

DSC07434.JPG

DSC07453.JPG

DSC07513.JPG

DSC07528.JPG

DSC07561.JPG

Krakow, Poland

DSC07289.JPG

DSC07290.JPG

DSC07246.JPG

DSC07276.JPG

DSC07287.JPG

Feast at the meat palace in Zakopane, Poland. This platter feeds 10 people for only 9 euro each

DSC07347.JPG

DSC07357.JPG

Tank ride through the forest in Slovakia. 20min of tearing up trees, river crossings and going up super steep hills. Tanks are so stable and quick, i thought we would roll over sometimes and we came tearing down the hill doing munjies at over 40km/h

DSC07398.JPG

DSC07401.JPG

Edited by Marko