I haven't had any of the problems that you guys are describing :S Firstly, I can't remember ever having to call Kogan's customer support, except maybe at the start (it was in January, so can't quite remember). I've also had no problems with reception. It dropped out a little between Adelaide and Brisbane on my drive up, but that's to be expected. Going from Bris -> Sydney was fine, as was Sydney -> Adelaide. There was also no problems with reception around any of those places and reception at my home is 100 times better than it was with Optus.

My only gripe would be that they've recently imposed some kind of cap of 400mb/day for data. When I was in Sydney I was scarfing down a bit over 2gb/day and imho, if they're going to allocate you 6gb/month, you should be able to use it however you want. In saying that, I haven't hit it since they brought that rule in, so we'll see what happens when I do.

KOGAN Mobile and Aldi Mobile customers might be shut off from their phone service due to a legal dispute between Telstra reseller, ispONE and Telstra.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/smartphones/kogan-mobile-customers-could-be-shut-off-due-to-legal-dispute/story-fn6vihic-1226696303902#ixzz2bpkQfHY6

Could be interesting...

Yeah. I got that email this morning. Really it should read, "Telstra tries to f**k everyone. Again."

I'm going ro be moving to boost. Kogan have changed their prices so its now $39 a month where boost is $40. Boost has access to the whole Telstra network compared to Kogan. The main issue for me is as I moved from vodaphone ny phone frequency is different to what Telstra use so my reception is fairly shit house. So this won't change with boost. Kogan was $15 for a starter sim where boost is $2... Kogan also spam my email constantly.

All in all boost is 100% better then Kogan.

May as well go 4g now I guess...

Any recommendations on 4g byo plans?

over to boost it is for me... legit just as i sign up they loose their contract -.-

for people interested about boost

Boost has a direct relationship with Telstra and will NOT be effected by the issues facing ispOne, Kogan and Aldi. Your Boost service will continue to be as strong as ever utilising the full capabilities of the Telstra 3G network.

http://community.boost.com.au/t5/Considering-Boost-Mobile/Is-Boost-Effected-By-ispONE/m-p/289#M38

Note: A moderator has not commented, only members that state they have been in contact with the provider

so...i have just noted that Aldi will NOT be affected by this issue, as their parent company Medion have arranged a deal through Telstra wholesale...

so for those of you on kogan now, maybe switching to Aldi might be the go...

only downside is that its only 2gb a month...and they dont do 90 day or yearly for their big plan...only 30 day

For my first text message from Telstra today. They didn't waste any time, haha!

Holy f**k this was a colossal failure

Yep... Wasted $15 on a start up pack with them... Like that could've been a Targa ticket :(

I get the feeling that this was somewhat engineered. A couple of months ago, Telstra publicly announced that it didn't have any deals directly with other companies except ISPOne. Now, 'miraculously' Boost have negotiated a deal with Telstra before this went down and Medion have been able to negotiate a deal since this has gone down, but Kogan haven't. As far as I can see, Kogan would have more customers than Medion (probably not boost though), soy ou've got to wonder what went wrong. I don't think Kogan have done anything funny, but you've got to wonder if Telstra have identified some kind of threat in there.

I get the feeling that this was somewhat engineered. A couple of months ago, Telstra publicly announced that it didn't have any deals directly with other companies except ISPOne. Now, 'miraculously' Boost have negotiated a deal with Telstra before this went down and Medion have been able to negotiate a deal since this has gone down, but Kogan haven't. As far as I can see, Kogan would have more customers than Medion (probably not boost though), soy ou've got to wonder what went wrong. I don't think Kogan have done anything funny, but you've got to wonder if Telstra have identified some kind of threat in there.

i suspect the same.

I also wonder how long before Telstra get done for anti competition stuff again (Think back to DSL roll out). I'd say the deals struck with the other companies before stopping ispONE deal is there to cover their arse in that respect. ie: we are still offering a wholesale service that can remain competitive, we just didn't like Kogan's terms ect...

http://www.zdnet.com/kogan-mobile-accuses-telstra-of-hiding-deathbed-ispone-deals-7000019725/

While Kogan Mobile remains as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) without a wholesalerafter the collapse of Telstra 3G reseller ISPOne, the company has unloaded in a blog post today that accuses Telstra of spreading misinformation and confusion.

In response to a blog post from Telstra, which said that the incumbent telco was willing to enter into arrangements with Aldi Mobile, Medion, and Kogan on "commercial terms", Kogan Mobile called on the telco to be transparent and make public the rates and terms upon which it would be prepared to supply Kogan with services.

"The reality is that to date, Kogan Mobile has not received even remotely "commercial", let alone competitive, terms of direct supply," Kogan Mobile said. "Kogan Mobile has done everything possible to protect its customers: If commercial terms of continued supply were available, of course Kogan Mobile would have taken them up, and still will."

In line with comments made earlier in the week that forces were at play in the Australian communications sector that didn't want Kogan in the market, the stranded MVNO said that it was eliminated as a result of decisions made by its upstream providers.

"As Telstra well knows, Telstra terminated its supply arrangements with ISPOne with the knowledge that this would result in the loss of service to Kogan Mobile and its customers."

Kogan called upon Telstra to publicly disclose the agreement that brought about the dismissal of an injunction won by ISPOne against Telstra to prevent the disconnection of ISPOne customers.

"Justice Pagone of the Federal Court held that ISPOne's claims against Telstra had a sufficient basis to justify an injunction. In particular, we invite Telstra to publicly disclose what associated agreements, arrangements, or understandings Telstra entered into in connection with the dismissal of the Federal Court proceedings brought by ISPOne in the minutes before administrators were appointed."

In the blog post, Kogan Mobile accused Telstra of creating terms with ISPOne that doomed it to failure, and why, with the collapse of its sole distributor of prepaid 3G services, it did not attempt to establish an alternative.

The MVNO raised the allegation that Telstra ran it out of the market because its "retail pricing was too cheap".

"We hope and expect that Telstra will come clean with the Australian public and Kogan Mobile's 120,000 customers on these matters," said the blog post.

Despite Kogan's rhetoric, iiNet CEO Michael Malone said yesterday that the end of Kogan Mobile was "the best news" for the mobile reselling business, and that Kogan Mobile's business model was not sustainable.

"Some of the best news to happen in the last week was for [Kogan Mobile] to disappear from the market. It was unsustainably low [and] I think everybody knew that as well," he told journalists on a conference call on Wednesday.

"ISPOne was the meat in the sandwich there where they were paying Telstra per-minute rates, and they were selling it onto Kogan at unlimited rates," Malone said.

"There was another ISP that this happened to sometime ago that also had the word 'one' in its name."

The Australian telecommunications industry has been preparing for the exodus of Kogan's 115,000 customers, with Communications Alliance CEO John Stanton stating that extra resources have been sought to handle the increased number of ports expected.

ZDNet understands that Kogan Mobile attempted to move to either Vodafone or Optus, but was not successful in its approaches.

I now have 7 days and 20 texts left till i will have no service at all... lol

My data has disappeared and I haven't received my second text yet :S

I now have 7 days and 20 texts left till i will have no service at all... lol

What, Do they actually count Texts now on Kogan?

Jeez, I thought it was bad that they restrict net usages 400mb a day.. But Texts?!

The one thing I hated about Kogan was recharging; Their system/App was shit. How are you suppose to recharge if you can't access net via the app to recharge? Sure, You can select to auto do it but it never did it for me. I remember this one time I had x5 days to go and ran out of data; So I couldn't even use GPRS to search for my next job. I rang them and asked to put even $5 dollars onto it to last me, Or even a data pack; But apparently the minute you recharge something that ISN'T the $29, You will have that money to use for calls/data/text but you won't have unlimited calls and shit. Friggen joke.

I have many horror stories from when I was with Kogan; Every month was a mystery with those wankers.

we because kogan aren't around anymore i have 7days and 20 texts till my account gets cuts (i recharged a few days before this got released so ive gotten about 2 weeks out of my recharge)

Boost are offering their $40 plan half price atm!!

Yeah I just switched to boost from kogan, I get heaps better reception and internet speed. I work at roxby and get solid 3g everywhere, with kogan I was lucky to get signal.

Welp. Just got shafted by Telstra. Never received a second text, but it's been 7 days since my first one now and I can't call or text anyone. Data is still down. f**king praying my Live Connected/Vaya sim gets here today.