Sign in to follow this  
GKTECH

GKTECH - SR20 clutch fans pull 60% more air than the factory fan - $59 pre buy price - ETA January 7th

S13/S14/S15 Replacement Engine fan - 60% more air flow

530550_452834621432127_1542646296_n.jpg

The GKTECH replacement engine fan has been designed and engineered in Australia specifically for us with the intention of pulling more air than the factory item. Surprisingly, this was very easy to design and the design that our engineering firm came up with is based around the design of a propeller. It is a direct replacement clutch fan for the S13/180sx, S14 and S15 SR20 powered Silvia's/200sx's. Simply remove your factory fan (4 bolts) and install the new fan.

- Direct replacement of the standard fan

- Pulls 60% more air than the factory SR fan and pulls around 40% more air than the factory RB25 fan (a common upgrade)

- When tested on a dyno the new fan took less than half the time to cool down from 90 degrees to operating temperature (good for next time you're on the start line at the track)

- Only a slight increase in noise (barely noticeable)

Vehicle Compatibility:

Nissan Silvia S13 (SR20 only)

Nissan 180sx (SR20 only)

Nissan 200sx S14

Nissan 200sx S15

PRE BUY PRICE @ $59!!

Buy here: http://www.gktech.com/index.php/s13-s14-s15-replacement-engine-fan-60-more-air-flow.html

Gna be doing these for RB's Greg?

how many cfm at different RPMs?

We only tested at full engagement which the new fan, on the same car on multiple dyno runs run within 20-30 minutes of one another showing an increase of over 60% over the stock fan in CFM. Actual CFM numbers can't be compared unless under the same circumstances, hence the reason that we tested back to back under the same circumstances.

Anyone that installs one of these fans will notice a drastic improvement the second the fan kicks in.

Also 1/2jz ;)

There are no plans at this stage

Gna be doing these for RB's Greg?

The offset of the RB fans is really crap from the factory in that all of the load is put on the edge of the fan (probably half the reason that most RB fans have cracks). That said, I've almost finished an aluminium adapter which will make these fans work on RB's with the correct spacing and they'll still weigh less than the factory unit and they pull around 40% more air than the factory RB unit. These will be available in around 2 months time.

I will be buying one of these. I'm a big fan of them.

I will be buying one of these. I'm a big fan of them.

I see what you did there :P

Ordered, and added a few things I have been meaning to buy like camber arms. Very excited!

Edited by normality

Any info of weather these are made out of the same material as stock fans? Can these with stand more heat before flexing?

Reason I ask is my rb25 in my 32 engine bay creates a lot of head causing the stock fan to "melt" and gets caught in my radiator.

Was thinking thermos but maybe this is the way? Any info would be great

Any info of weather these are made out of the same material as stock fans? Can these with stand more heat before flexing?

Reason I ask is my rb25 in my 32 engine bay creates a lot of head causing the stock fan to "melt" and gets caught in my radiator.

Was thinking thermos but maybe this is the way? Any info would be great

From the website:

"What is the clutch fan made of?

The clutch fan has a metal center (like the factory unit) and is made of ABS plastic (like the factory unit)."

I don't know if it is exactly the same quality as the original plastic, but I would say the fact that it is newly minted and not 20 years old would probably help regardless.

Will be buying as soon as it can be bolted onto a RB with the adapter :)

^^^^ same

This should do the trick nicely :)

389715_461098457272410_803821586_n.png

any idea on how long the pre buy deal is on for??

The pre buy will end the second that the fans arrive, which is one day this week (just waiting for confirmation of when the delivery is coming)

Greg

Received my Fan in the post this morning along with a nice set of camber arms. Couldn't be happier with the quality of both items!

Initially I was a bit concerned with the fan, as I typically associate black plastic with being terribly brittle and 'dry'. The fan that I received was nice and weighty, with a lot of strength in the blades, but more importantly, you can tell that these guys are using really good quality plastic. The only way I can describe it is as an 'oily' plastic, it obviously has a lot of strength to it, but it also has a little give and flex when pressure is applied to it, very much like the standard fan.

When the heatwave is over, I will post up before and after temp readings from my Oka-Chan, but I expect to see great things!

The only thing I would note to the guys at GKTech is to possibly look at adding a bit of bubble wrap around the blades. My package was pretty battered by the time it arrived at my door (They had my camber arms sitting on top of the fan). Thankfully there wasn't the slightest bit of damage to the fan, but a few of the blades had begun wearing through the cardboard around the edge of the box.

Got mine today looks the goods

Which way faces the front of the car the side with the writing?

Received my Fan in the post this morning along with a nice set of camber arms. Couldn't be happier with the quality of both items!

Initially I was a bit concerned with the fan, as I typically associate black plastic with being terribly brittle and 'dry'. The fan that I received was nice and weighty, with a lot of strength in the blades, but more importantly, you can tell that these guys are using really good quality plastic. The only way I can describe it is as an 'oily' plastic, it obviously has a lot of strength to it, but it also has a little give and flex when pressure is applied to it, very much like the standard fan.

When the heatwave is over, I will post up before and after temp readings from my Oka-Chan, but I expect to see great things!

The only thing I would note to the guys at GKTech is to possibly look at adding a bit of bubble wrap around the blades. My package was pretty battered by the time it arrived at my door (They had my camber arms sitting on top of the fan). Thankfully there wasn't the slightest bit of damage to the fan, but a few of the blades had begun wearing through the cardboard around the edge of the box.

Great to bear mate. I'll tell the guys in the warehouse to make sure they pack the fans better so nothing does get damaged :)

Got mine today looks the goods

Which way faces the front of the car the side with the writing?

The fans curve back towards the motor.

Got this in the mail this morning too.

+1 to the box being a little more than bashed up. Thankfully the fan isn't damaged.

Will be fitting it this weekend. Interested to see how much better it cools over the stock fan :)

Keen for RB one as well, what the ETA on the adapter?

Yea same got it in a flimsy soft pizza box like package, blades sticking out, one side completely collapsed small mark on edge of blade but all in all still in good nick luckily

Edited by Aym23q

Around 4-6 weeks

What do you mean ?

Got a pic on the hub

What do you mean ?

Got a pic on the hub

Around 4-6 weeks

nice! ill keep and eye out

Sign in to follow this