thiefs.jpg

ufcwd.jpg

warthunder.jpg

watchdogs.jpg

wolfensteinl.jpg

http://www.vgleaks.c...orbis-unveiled/

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=510373

LIVERPOOL SOC

Custom implementation of AMD Fusion APU Arquitecture (Accelerated Processing Unit)

Provides good performance with low power consumtion

Integrated CPU and GPU

Considerably bigger and more powerful than AMD’s other APUs

PU:

Orbis contains eight Jaguar cores at 1.6 Ghz, arranged as two “clusters”

Each cluster contains 4 cores and a shared 2MB L2 cache

256-bit SIMD operations, 128-bit SIMD ALU

SSE up to SSE4, as well as Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)

One hardware thread per core

Decodes, executes and retires at up to two intructions/cycle

Out of order execution

Per-core dedicated L1-I and L1-D cache (32Kb each)

Two pipes per core yield 12,8 GFlops performance

102.4 GFlops for system

GPU:

GPU is based on AMD’s “R10XX” (Southern Islands) architecture

DirectX 11.1+ feature set

Liverpool is an enhanced version of the architecture

18 Compute Units (CUs)

Hardware balanced at 14 CUs

Shared 512 KB of read/write L2 cache

800 Mhz

1.843 Tflops, 922 GigaOps/s

Dual shader engines

18 texture units

8 Render backends

UPDATE: some people is confused about the GPU, here you have more info about it:

Each CU contains dedicated:

- ALU (32 64-bit operations per cycle)

- Texture Unit

- L1 data cache

- Local data share (LDS)

About 14 + 4 balance:

- 4 additional CUs (410 Gflops) “extra” ALU as resource for compute

- Minor boost if used for rendering

Dual Shader Engines:

- 1.6 billion triangles/s, 1.6 billion vertices/s

18 Texture units

- 56 billion bilinear texture reads/s

- Can utilize full memory bandwith

8 Render backends:

- 32 color ops/cycle

- 128 depth ops/cycle

- Can utilize full memory bandwith

Memory:

4 GB unified system memory, 176 GB/s

3.5 available to games (estimate)

Storage:

- High speed Blu-ray drive

single layer (25 GB) or dual layer (50 GB) discs

Partial constant angular velocity (PCAV)

Outer half of disc 6x (27 MB/s)

Inner half varies, 3.3x to 6x

- Internal mass storage

One SKU at launch: 500 GB HDD

There may also be a Flash drive SKU in the future

Networking:

1 Gb/s Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n WIFI, and Bluetooth

Peripherals:

Evolved Dualshock controller

Dual Camera

Move controller

Extra:

Audio Processor (ACP)

Video encode and decode (VCE/UVD) units

Display ScanOut Engine (DCE)

Zlib Decompression Hardware

Edited by Pervy

Sounds delicious!!!!!!!

Hopefully some pictures come out soon. About time they are releasing some info on it.

Feb 20 could be the day Sony officially release details. They have just uploaded a teaser

Edited by Pervy

I was about to say it's a PS3.5 then I realised it's the PS4.

Glad to see they're using the same architecture and not dumping it like they were thinking of 5 years ago. It is DEFINITELY the way computers will go. power to efficient architecture!

Sony are holding a huge conference on that day with investors and the media. Going to be big :D

Sony said we'd 'see the future' of PlayStation on February 20th, and it appears to be true: The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the company will not only reveal the next PlayStation at the event, but actually put the new video game console on sale later this year. According to the publication's anonymous sources, both the next PlayStation and Microsoft's next game system will compete head to head going into the holiday season.

Though Sony CEO Kaz Hirai and others had originally telegraphed that the next PlayStation might not be ready as soon as the next Xbox, it appears to have been a feint. We may see what the so-called PlayStation Orbis has to offer in as few as three weeks.

http://www.theverge....e-later-in-2013

Edited by Pervy

Who is getting this day one? I remember the ps3 started at $1000 so I can only imagine this will be around the same.

I'd want the new Xbox (inner fanboy) but if the new PS is better I may have to switch sides

Who is getting this day one? I remember the ps3 started at $1000 so I can only imagine this will be around the same.

I'll be getting one day 1.

Call me crazy but I think it will be cheaper this time around.

Blu-ray drives were very expensive when the ps3 was released so this caused higher production costs. They've come down a lot now as well as hard drives.

I don't think Sony will make that mistake again.

^I'll disagree. I'm expecting this to be around the $900-1000 mark

Highly doubt it will be cheaper.

This will/should be a high demand and sell out so quick.

Just a bummer GTA5 comes out before this. I'm sure they will fit it to play on the orbis before release date.

Details about the new Dualshock controller

http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita’s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.

wasnt the leaked info based on a developer unit, which historically have been higher spec'd than regular consoles most of the time anyway?

I wish we could go back to playing video games and just having fun. No achievements or internet shit.

wasnt the leaked info based on a developer unit, which historically have been higher spec'd than regular consoles most of the time anyway?

Most of it was yes. There's not an awful lot of difference between the dev kit units.

I think the dev kit had two lan ports whereas the OEM one will only have the one.

I've also noticed that originally they were mentioning it was using the AMD "bulldozer" but now they are saying it's using the AMD "Jaguar" which is more of a mobile cpu used in Notebooks and Tablets.

http://www.edge-onli...ion-4-revealed/

Development sources with working knowledge of both next generation consoles have told us that PlayStation 4 will be more powerful than the next Xbox, will ship with a redesigned controller and launch by the end of the year in Japan and the US. PlayStation 4’s European launch will follow in early 2014.

Sony is set to reveal its next PlayStation on Wednesday February 20th at an event dubbed ‘see the future’. Sony Computer Entertainment released a teaser video last night to announce the event. Below, our sources revealed what to expect from PlayStation 4.

The controller

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita’s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.

The launch

We’re told that PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan and the US by Christmas, with a Euro rollout following in early 2014, the delay attributed to the complexities involved in European distribution. Alongside the console, Sony will also introduce a new, improved iteration of its PlayStation Eye peripheral, which remains compatible with the PlayStation Move controller. Move will be available at launch, but it’s not clear yet whether it will be bundled with the hardware. Sony has already earned an enormous amount of goodwill among studios working with PS4 development hardware. Privately, Sony representatives have conceded that the company made a mistake in creating such esoteric architecture for PS3, and its strategy for PS4 gives developers more opportunities this time around, notably because the hardware is much more PC-like in its makeup than PS3.

We have confirmed with sources that recently leaked tech specs are accurate. Though Durango devkits offer 8GB of DDR3 RAM, compared to Orbis’s 4GB, Sony’s GDDR5 solution is capable of moving data at 176 gigabytes per second, which should eliminate the sort of bottlenecks that hampered PS3 game performance. Importantly, we’ve learned that Sony has told developers that it is pushing for the final PS4 RAM to match up to Microsoft’s 8GB.

Both platforms are driven by eight-core AMD CPUs clocked at 1.6GHz, with Microsoft opting for a D3D11.x GPU from an unknown source and Sony utilising a more capable solution in AMD’s ‘R10XX’ architecture, alongside the so-called ‘Liverpool’ system-on-chip.

It’s clear Sony has designed a system that, on paper, outperforms Microsoft’s next Xbox. One source familiar with both platforms tells us that in real terms Sony’s console is “slightly more powerful” and “very simple to work with”.

Ultimately, the performance differences between the two consoles will have as much bearing on multiplatform releases as the differences between PS3 and 360 – very little – but Sony will be expecting big-budget firstparty releases such as the PS4 Uncharted sequel to demonstrate its console’s superiority.

I'd say this is accurate giving the release timing of the PS3 across different regions.

Europe

March 23, 2007

Japan

November 11, 2006

United Kingdom

March 23, 2007

United States

November 17, 2006

Edited by Pervy

I thought Sony was billing the PS3 as a '10 year life cycle' ???

i would be pissed to be the owner of an original PS3 after all these price drops and redesigns.

I wish we could go back to playing video games and just having fun. No achievements or internet shit.

You can... Go on ebay and buy any console pre PS2 and just enjoy yourself... Or just don't connect to the net.

i would be pissed to be the owner of an original PS3 after all these price drops and redesigns.

Really? Same thing happens with every console. With the amount of hours I have spent on my PS3 I have got more then enough value for money.

It probably will have a 10 year cycle it just means that like the PS2 they will continue to release reduced spec games. Hell i think they still release the current FIFA on PS2 still.

I thought that ended a year or so ago.

Xbox didnt really go thru too many 'redesigns' they just made a black one with a bigger hdd....then they made a smaller black one with a bigger hdd.

I mean,I bought the new slim model xbox. my old one was out of warranty and bit the dust. but I didnt spend 1k on a console with a 30GB drive in it or whatever like some PS3 owners would have.

at least they finally decided to just cut out PS2 compatibility for old games. its redundant - if you want to play old games you already have, well play them on your old console. dont charge me more for a new box that only plays SOME of them and then doesnt really do it that well.

The PS3 won't be completely cut off for a while.

The PS2 was only killed off in the last week of Dec, 2012 - http://www.destructoid.com/end-of-an-era-ps2-stops-shipping-in-japan-241393.phtml which makes that a 13 year life-cycle.

^I'll disagree. I'm expecting this to be around the $900-1000 mark

Highly doubt it will be cheaper.

Just a bummer GTA5 comes out before this. I'm sure they will fit it to play on the orbis before release date.

Re: Price i think it will definitely be lower. With more "off the shelf" parts (rumored) that should help keep cost down PLUS the average joe wont spend $1000 on a new console.

Re: GTA5 its now been delayed until Nov isnt it? Again rumors floating around this was planned all along. Take that with a grain of salt though. Either way i'll be buying GTA5 no matter when gen console.

Im not, never have been and never will be.

I own an original fat PS3 and a slim as well. Purchased my original one for $900ish i think. Literally one of the last original ones in Adelaide brand new.

original.jpg

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/02/this-is-a-real-prototype-ps4-controller/

This photo, which as far as we can tell first appeared at Destructoid, appears to be a prototype controller for the next PlayStation. From the look of it, it mostly matches up with what our sources have told us about the system.

An industry source familiar with the new system tells us the photo is the real deal. But bear in mind, it may not represent the final form of the controller. Curiously, it seems to not include a “Share” button, despite that button being described in official Orbis documentation that was shared with us a few weeks ago.

We’ll learn more next week, as Sony is expected to unveil the new console at an event in New York on February 20.

I hope they fix the L2 and R2 buttons. Racing games are horrible with your fingers constantly slipping off.

^ Yep, that's the only thing I want them to change. The trigger buttons were always a bit crappy.

I heard that they have indeed changed the L2/R2 buttons. How different they are I am not sure though.

Edit: Controller above looks chunky as f**k. wouldnotbang/10.

Edited by ChiefStudly

I'm confident it'll be fairly different to that picture.

The PS3 Dualshock looked like this at E3.

ps3_screen008.jpg

PS4 reveal is 10am tomorrow AEDT.

:D

A few rumours I've found today which may be true

- PSN Plus will become Playstation World. Will be more of a mandatory paid system like Xbox Live

- Console comes out in November in the US

- The PS4 will include a camera (Playstation Eye) so your friends can watch you play (I really don't see the need for this lol)

- You'll be able to remotely control the PS4 from a tablet or smartphone

- Two different models priced at $429USD and $529USD

Wait and see how much of that is true tomorrow morning.

Edited by Pervy