Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

Gran Turismo 6 announced

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/gran-turismo-6-coming-to-playstation-3/

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/31603-scee-worldwide-studios-svp/

Sony’s Computer Entertainment Europe senior vice president Michael Denny has revealed that Gran Turismo 6 will be coming to PlayStation 3.

Many thought that Sony’s next major entry in the popular racing series would make the leap to a PlayStation 4 exclusive, however this doesn’t appear to be the case. “Look at the games coming out on the PlayStation 3 like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6 and then on the third-party side of things another fantastic Assassin’s Creed,GTA,” he told Silicon Republic.

Of course this doesn’t mean that the game won’t make its way to PlayStation 4 as well, in fact I’d be very shocked if it didn’t. However, this is brilliant news for fans that don’t plan on upgrading straight away and is also a clever move on Sony’s part–a bigger install base means more sales.

At least they have plenty of room for improvement over GT5.

At least they have plenty of room for improvement over GT5.

like a f**k load.

i bought my ps3 specifically for gt5.. only to be dicked around waiting another year for it to come out... then was massively dissapointed.

It's a great simulator, but it just wasn't fun. The side events like rally and go-karting was the best part of GT5. There needs to be less grinding for credits so you can actually drive the cars you want.

It's a great simulator, but it just wasn't fun. The side events like rally and go-karting was the best part of GT5. There needs to be less grinding for credits so you can actually drive the cars you want.

Yeah, I loved the Go-karting but there just wasn't enough of it.

I hated the Spec B mode. Yay, lets leave the console on for hours on end while the AI races for me and loses most of the time.

GT3 will always be the benchmark for me, unfortunately.

GT4 was shithouse, GT5 wasn't much better.

GT5 was the only reason i got a PS3. such a let down, still played it way to much though.

Non premium cars need to go. If they transfer old skins that look like something out of GT2 I'll swear off the series for good.

They need to put more real world tracks in, there are hundreds to choose from

And more real world racing cars, a few V8 supercars, GT1 class Le-Mans cars, Carerra Cup cars and the list goes on. Surely these can be added as downloadable content after 5 years...

Proper modifying, plenty of cars out there that are used in various racing categories yet GT doesn't have the body kit skins for these.

Choosing wheel size instead of being locked into running 16's on almost everything would go a long way too.

End rant.

it wasn't fun because its not a good sim, the physics are shit, i hope they completely rework the physics or it will just be a game I'll play for about a week before I'm sick of it.

with some of the PC sims that are coming out like Assetto Corsa and Rfactor 2 they really need to step up on the physics side or it will feel even more outdated then it already does, about all it has going for it atm is it feels better then Forza so it wins the console sim race :P

I agree with the credit grind, I got to a point where I had to do the same boring race over and over to get money tho this could be because I kept wasting it on drift cars.

I actually loved the driving feel of things when it came to GT5! The fact that driving a high powered car makes you second guess what you did. The cars are much harder to drive in gt5 than fm4, therefore making it more of a challenge and a better experience. For example, I can throw the Pagani Zonda R around no troubles on fm4 with no help from tc sc etc. But on GT5 the car is way more of a challenge and makes you learn and make you the better driver in my opinion.

Just the lack of car selection and non premium car bullshit ruined it for me! I play fm4 more simply because of that! The physics are good and realistic! but not as realistic as GT5! or is it just GT5 went too overboard in making you think the cars handle that way? who knows? This is just my point of view.

But in terms of GT6, they better wipe the floor with forza otherwise i have lost hope!

I still play it once a week for a few hours, but the online challenges get me through it though. Admittedly, GT5's driving physics weren't far off of GT4 though was enough to give it a more realistic feel (using a G27) and could probably use a few further tweaks (does not include 'drifting' because that's just pocus). However, anyone comparing FM4 to GT5 should just leave now. Apples and oranges. Yes FM4 is entertaining and you can do some bad ass shit but if you are comparing them, you're probably playing the GT series for all the wrong reasons. In saying this, its no computer simulator mentioned in above posts.

Now all that being said, yes I have a few disappointments in GT5. The game was heavily simplified which took off its edge from prior series (mainly GT3). From modifying to tuning being the main issues. Also, things like lack of events outside of A/B spec and online challenges. What ever happened to manufacturers challenges?

There are a few more critical areas which I'm not going to adress cause I'm on my phone but with the above issues resolved, I think I'd be a sucker for the 6th installment pending if they hold the game from being released on time again. Cunce!

Forza has been head and shoulders above GT for years now.

GT2 was amazing for its time, as was 3. but they didnt innovate and the f**k up that was GT titles on the PS3 is what ruined it.

GT2 was amazing for its time, as was 3. but they didnt innovate and the f**k up that was GT titles on the PS3 is what ruined it.

+1 for forza

I think what happened with Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital is they they got complacent. PS1/PS2 era, there was no other console with a racing simulator until the XBOX came along late in the game. the xbox had no market share (especially in japan) and forza was only new.

PD probably thought the same thing was going to happen with the PS3. "people will wait for GT on PS3", due to loyalty, brand recognition, etc.

The problem was by that time forza 2 was out, and it was good. forza 3 followed shortly and it was featuring stuff that GT either didnt have or only had somewhat (i think i recall something about 'dashboard view' only being on a few cars in GT4?)

so what you ended up with was a developer dragging their feet, all the while losing their market share in the western world to a rival on another platform that was not only being nurtured by their publisher (MS studios) but being pushed too. Sony dropped the ball in that respect and i think its really damaged the franchise.

Dont get me wrong, I cut my driver-sim teeth on GT 1. chipped PS1 playing a japanese version of the game and it was good enough to put up with no english menus. the problem i had with it was there was 50 different versions of certain cars that were largely pointless. Forza offers less car count but better variety I feel, and that is way more important than being able to pick between 30 different R34s.

PD just need to go back to the drawing board and start fresh, instead of adapting and adding to what they already have.

Also doesn't help that Kazunori Yamauchi insists on making the game for him, and not the potential market. He does not seem to take into account that the majority of users feel that the gameplay is incredibly flawed by today's standards.

As much as i hate to admit it you are correct sir. I used to thrash the old GT's and i was so excited for GT5 but i just couldn't get into it.

Lets just hope they have learnt a lesson from GT5 and make this one decent.

Also no one wants B-spec mode back,if i wanted to watch someone else play a game i would go and watch someone else play a game.

Yeah i dont know if i will be getting this one. Been burnt too many times. I've even considered getting an Xbox purely for Forza lol

Dont do it to yourself man, I would rather get herpes then get a xbox again.

I already have herpes though.

I already have herpes though.

Touché.

I'm considering possibly getting a playstation again for this, but after the disappointment from GT5 I'm fairly apprehensive, considering it was the reason I sold my PS3, and that god awful tyre screech and that bumper car noise every single time you hit something? The f**k was up with that.

Just expect it to be a turd which it probably will be ,and that way if it's not a turd you will be happy with it.

Two things.

1. Keen.

2. Why doesn't my PS3 look like that? :'(