Sign in to follow this  
Chidge

The Last of Us

Not sure if there is a thread about this already (had a search, nothing came up).

Anyway, this will be out sometime in June and is seriously looking amazing. Not to mention sounding even better (apparently the sound in this game plays a massive part).

Yes yes, it's a zombie game. But from what I can gather, this isn't your typical run n gun shooter. Looks to be more towards exploring and rewards actually planning your attacks/movements. So instead of running into a room of infected guns blazing, it would pay to sneak around and pick them off etc. Some are saying it's similar to Uncharted style of play.

As a big The Walking Dead fan, it seems to be along those sort of lines.

Have a look for yourselves:

This clip is game play and takes a while to get going, but is worth the look.

And here is a preview from IGN:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/02/04/the-last-of-us-the-sights-and-sounds

It's been a long time in post-development (with the original trailer being released in 2011). I had forgotten about it, or thought it was released with little success.

It looks great, being a true survival game. It might be one of those games I buy on launch day if it lives up to the hype.

Edited by steveP

Day one for me.

Naughty Dog haven't failed yet.

It just looks very in depth. I like having lots to explore :lol: Not to mention the amount of gore that seems to be in it as well :D

Yep I've been keeping an ear out for more news on this. That tv spot trailer was good. Definitely sounds better than I thought it was going to be when those first trailers were released.

I'm really looking forward to this. I remember when I put my pre-order on it they were saying Dec 2012 release so its been held up a fair bit but glad to have a release date on it now.

I've also been keeping a close watch since the trailer was released ages ago. I'l be waiting for release date too :)

I only stumbled across it the other day, but as soon as I looked into it I was sold.

I think release is looking at around mid June.

Can't wait for this to come out, I need a good sit back in the couch style lounge room game

I just can't wait to get my 'kid mode' on and go on an adventure haha I had to play Ocarina of Time again to get that feeling I had of exploring a game when I was young. Too much CoD and FIFA can be a very bad thing!

Looks amazeballs. And with the style of play that I'm expecting the game to have, you will actually be able to sit back for a moment at take all of the scenery in. Instead of games like BF3, where yes it is beautiful in parts, but due to the fast pace of the game you aren't really able to stop and admire.

my neighbor got it the other night and said that it's awesome. I'm not a game pirate so i'll wait for the weekend like everybody else. so pumped though!

Ozgameshop have raised the prices on the pre-order for TLOU now.

I hope you guys pre-ordered early like I did and got the better price :P I got it for $56.99.

Yeah it's at $66 now I think. That surely has to be one of the cheapest prices around? I know JB have it for $89.

Just a pain waiting for it to come from ozgameshop.

big W have it for $74 apparently. Think i'll grab this and spend my weekend playing. Havent bought a game in so long!

I have to get this. My missus is 3 months pregnant, this could be the last game I get to play before my arms are constantly covered in baby shit :lol:

Yeah it's at $66 now I think. That surely has to be one of the cheapest prices around? I know JB have it for $89.

Video Ezy have it for the cheapest price but their shipping times are awful.

http://www.videoezy.com.au/games/last-of-us-the-playstation-3/dp/570987#bc=42e3 $51.16

I don't recommend them unless you aren't in a rush to get it.

Video Ezy have it for the cheapest price but their shipping times are awful.

http://www.videoezy.com.au/games/last-of-us-the-playstation-3/dp/570987#bc=42e3 $51.16

I don't recommend them unless you aren't in a rush to get it.

I am in a rush lol I heard their shipping is the worst :/ I'll walk the shops tomorrow and get the best deal I can. Prob trade in as well where I can.

For anyone that has a copy of the game already, there is a bug with the autosave feature. Naughty Dog are aware of it and will release a patch soon.

http://zoknowsgaming...s-autosave-bug/

edit - ok now it's fixed.

If you haven't seen it already, we have we've been investigating and have discovered where the issue was -- the cause was from our servers for The Last of Us, which were capturing player statistics.

We've made a change to the servers. Quit any game in progress out to the XMB and restart the game. Existing saves are fine.

Single-player and multiplayer are both okay to play (since some of you were playing offline).

Edited by Pervy

i've only had time for an hour and a bit today. so far the graphics and voice acting etc are amazing.

put a few hours in already... enjoying it so far!

Whats Ozgameshop's shipping time like? I understand they are a UK company. If its over a week might just grab this game from JB or Big W.

Edit: Nevermind, brother is going to pick it up from Big W after work tomorrow.

Edited by mreges

Whats Ozgameshop's shipping time like? I understand they are a UK company. If its over a week might just grab this game from JB or Big W.

What price did he get it for man? I haven't been near the shops all week and haven't been able to check it out

What price did he get it for man? I haven't been near the shops all week and haven't been able to check it out

Its $78 at Big W, he will pick it up tomorrw. I havent been this keen on a console game since Heavy Rain :lol:

Edited by mreges

Its $78 at Big W, he will pick it up tomorrw. I havent been this keen on a console game since Heavy Rain :lol:

i'm an xbox man but my wife bought me a PS3 purely for heavy rain and the last of us!