Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

Xbox One

Will be airing at around 2:30am Adelaide time.

irV8ycf.png

pE4m1N3.png

jB2fT87fPuxB3.png

Project Gotham Racing 5 is also rumoured to be announced tomorrow.

Timetable of Events:

May 21 9am PDT / 5pm BST: GameTrailers.com pre-show with Mr G. Keighley, Stephen Totilo, Jeff Gerstmann, Rob Smith

May 21 10am PDT / 6pm BST: Xbox - A New Generation Revealed keynote

May 21 11am PDT / 7pm BST: GameTrailers.com post-show with the Mr G. Keighley and Don Mattrick.

May 21 12pm PDT / 8pm BST: Twitch.tv post-show live show with Larry 'Major Nelson' Hyrb and co.

https://xboxevent.com/reveal

http://www.gametrailers.com/live

Edited by Pervy

Meh. Expecting more about how its an ertertainment box / will intergrate into your lounge room than anything exciting about games etc. Also they'll probably leave pricing etc till e3.

Things I care about

Price

games

Things we can expect to find out tomorrow

How it does literally everything but play games

COD looks good

I hate COD and even I am interested in it now. LOVE the new direction XBox is taking. Amazing reveal show.

Xbox One blocks used games. Offline Pass confirmed

There’s one feature of Xbox One from which we can infer quite a few conclusions: You can install any game from the disc to the console’s hard drive, and then play that game whenever you like without having to put the disc in.

Wired asked Microsoft if installation would be mandatory. “On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” the company responded in an emailed statement. Sounds mandatory to us.

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

http://www.wired.com...x-one-analysis/

Edited by Pervy

Xbox One: You must connect to the internet to "activate" all games + serial keys

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Xbox One specs

xbox7lazcs.png

CPU: Octacore CPU

RAM: 8GB

A/V: 1080p and 4K supported, 7.1 surround sound

Kinect will be bundledm has 250,000 pixel infrared depth sensor

Storage: 500GB non replaceable HDD, external storage supported

USB 3.0 ports

Connectivity: HDMI 1.4 output and passthrough, gigabit ethernet, 802.11m Wi-Fi Direct

xbox13miuxy.png

Edited by Pervy

Sony's stock jumped up during the reveal and Microsoft's went down :D

original.png

xbox-analysis.jpg

Looks bland as hell imo.

Looks like a NES.

The serial key/game activate stuff is bs in my opinion.

Shall see what Sony come up with before I pre order anything

Looks like a NES.

The serial key/game activate stuff is bs in my opinion.

Shall see what Sony come up with before I pre order anything

Yep everyone has been posting NES comparisons already :lol:

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

lol

Battlefield 4 announced for Xbox One and PS4, Oct 29.

whats the differences between this one and the 360?

sorry more of a ps guy :D

whats the differences between this one and the 360?

sorry more of a ps guy biggrin.png

Look at the comparison chart I posted here - http://www.nissansil...dpost&p=6807392

There's also going to be voice activated functions. So you can say "Xbox, turn on", "xbox, watch tv" etc and it will do it.

I can see that being funny when someone at your house is in the middle of a tight game on CoD and you say "xbox,watch tv" so it flicks channels and f**ks the person over :lol:

Also the internal HDD can't be removed but they do offer external hard drive support.

Edited by Pervy

Calling it early... Ps4 to win this round of the console wars. I've always leaned towards PS but hardly a fanboy... But Xbox is going in the wrong way haha

Don't like the idea of the 'permanent' online connection. Or the system locking for games. That's going to piss off a lot of people. Imagine you buy a game, find out you don't like, then you're stuck with it.

Nice way to turn people against Xbox even more.

Connecting to the net to activate a game, f**k that. Microsoft will never see a dollar of my money towards their gaming division.

It's a shame they still haven't fixed the analog sticks being misaligned.

I can't stand this new high and mighty stance the gaming developers have regarding the 2nd hand market. Imagine if car manufacturers banned selling your car and everyone had to buy brand new cars. It's the nature of buying new items; people sell them to upgrade/once bored with them. And to think the game industry is above that.

Edited by steveP

you can deactivate the serial and sell the game. further more you can share titles within the same household.

engadget as a big write up about how that works.

I think it's pretty shit there's no backwards compatibility for both Xbox One and PS4.

Also I don't think the Always-on is gonna be like Steam:

And what of the persistent rumors that Xbox One games will be “always online” – that is, that single-player games would require a constant online connection to function? As it turns out, those rumors were not unfounded, but the reality is not so draconian. Xbox One will give game developers the ability to create games that use Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing service, which means that they might be able to offload certain computing tasks to the cloud rather than process them on the Xbox One hardware itself. This would necessitate the game requiring a connection.

Also there's nothing yet officially announced by Microsoft to do with DRM. I hope that they don't go ahead with it an alienate their core users like myself who just want to smash the shit out of some class titles.

(Update: Microsoft called Wired after this story was originally published to say that the company did have a plan for used games, and that further details were forthcoming.)

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/xbox-one-analysis/

I am pretty excited for E3. I knew this would be slated more towards hardware so I'm keen to see Microsoft showcase some of its 15 exclusives touted to come out over the next year.

I think I'll be waiting until after release date though, as much as I love Xbox this one needs the DRM and Always-On rumours quashed before I'll be truly keen.

Sounds like EB's 7 day return policy is going down the tube lol. If people have to pay to register the game on there console with used games it means 2nd hand games will be worthless. Sounds like a good way for Microsoft to make all the money of the 2nd hand game market lol.

Edited by n00bis

Never bought a 2nd hand game in my life. No issues here. All they had to do was say Forza 5 and they had me. Reveal was great and have already preordered :D

Also, why do people care about stock?

Edited by Ghettobean

Bandwagoners against Microsoft have been proven wrong I believe

Of course, the bits in which you'll be most interested are the snippets of information about the gaming experience. The Xbox One will require an internet connection because of cloud connections BUT it doesn't have to always be connected online. The rumours about the console being always-online were false. Connection to the cloud allows system and game updates to be automatic so the waiting times to which we are accustomed on the Xbox 360 should be a thing of the past. Games and entertainment are stored in the cloud so that they can be accessed anytime and from any Xbox One. This allows players to start a game, film or TV show on one console and finish from where you left off on another console. Games can be installed in segments so that players can start playing their new title before the download has finished. Updates can also be downloaded in the background. If the internet connection is lost, players will still be able to play games, watch Blu-ray films and watch live TV.

http://www.trueachie...ils-roll-in.htm

and

Eagle also confirmed that Xbox One will play pre-owned titles, going against some previous rumours. "Yes we will support trading of games," he said during the Q&A.

Following EA's decision to ditch its Online pass system, it seems Microsoft doesn't want to upset gamers by jumping on the DRM train for now.

http://www.techradar...d-games-1153277

EDIT: In relation to the 2nd hand game sales, I think it's been rumoured that license transferals will be possible. Obviously most of these rumours turn out to be false so stay tuned.

Edited by keyhole150

Looks like I'm not gonna buy this One